Sunday, October 29, 2006

Mineral Oil computer out of storage

Well like I said last week I would have the mineral oil computer out of storage. Well it is out. It has been 5 or 6 months in storage. I took some pictures which are below.








The mineral oil is still crystal clear. And guess what it is the same consistency as it was when I poured it in. As you will notice from the pictures the top is off. There were a couple of bugs that got in. So I had to cut the silicone and remove the top. I found where they came in so a little more silicone will fix that. I also have a video that I took with my camera. The video is below. As you can see in the video the fans are moving. They aren't moving like they did when I first built it. The video is only with the computer running for a few minutes. After about 30 minutes of the computer running the mineral oil heated up a bit and the fans could start to move more freely. I have a feeling that the mineral oil in the fan bearings was just too thick to let it move. But as it heated up it broke loose. I'm planning on taking another video in a few days when I get it put back together. If you have questions go to the forum and let me know. forum.oilcooled.com I also want to overclock this computer. So if you know about overclocking I'll need your help. I have never overclocked before.

No comments:

Computer Cooling - Google News

Computer Cooling - Yahoo News